Another Year, A New Perspective

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Sunning on the rooftop of Hotel Onix Fira in Barcelona, April 2015. (Photo by Melissa Frakman)

Annnddd.....I'm back! I'm trying to process how this year-long hiatus came to be. Was my last post really last April? And on facial scrubs?? I blame...life. She was really good to me this past year, and for a brief summation of the various events that I'm still in a haze about, here we go:

I got a new job working for a tremendous newspaper (digital side), and I'm completely in love with it. I moved into a beautiful apartment in one of D.C's most charming neighborhoods that I found on Craigslist for a steal (shhh..). I've fallen in and out of romances with some wonderful men who I'm glad I had the pleasure of knowing, even if only fleetingly. I took a leap of faith, and the advice from a woman I met last April who happens to own Ace Hardware, and started teaching upholstery classes here in D.C. You can register for them here if you're ever in D.C! And in March I turned the big 3-0!
To mark the occasion I treated myself to a two-week extravagant vacation in Europe, details of which I can't wait to share in my next post! It was extravagant in that I went to some really beautiful places and saw some awe-inspiring things, and ate my weight in jamon and sardines, but didn't break the bank doing so ;)

Nearly a year ago when I started my new job as a photo blogger posting about news and contemporary issues, I didn't think I would have the energy to blog for myself in my spare time. But I have sincerely missed having this little corner in the world to share bright, well-designed, and colorful content that inspires me, motivates me as a creative, and is a visual journal of my aspirations. So enough with the chic chat, right? On to Europe!

P.S. Happy Cinco de Mayo ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger