The Surface Of Things

Monday, April 28, 2014

I'm not usually one to blog about product reviews, and I am the last woman qualified to blog about beauty products or a beauty regime. I've actually (and I admit this with some hesitation), only started trying foundation and mascara last month, when I turned 29. The foundation unfortunately made me break out. But the mascara I love (#Covergirl Lash Blast). A little bit of the problem has been the feeling of being overwhelmed by all of the products available (and the fact that I would sometimes forget to take my foundation off at the end of the night!). Skincare itself is really important to me, and my "less is more"approach was solidified as of two years ago during a summer trip to Chicago.

Two years ago during a summer vacation I took with my sister to Chicago, I noticed by the end of the trip that I had a crazy amount of pimples, acne, and heat bumps. I can't lie and say I didn't fall for the gluttonous temptations of Chicago's food scene. That was basically the whole objective of the trip: to eat! My sister had flown back home a few days earlier, and I remember texting her from the aisle of CVS and asking her what she used on her face to keep it so smooth. My sister is the girly girl of the family, and has always loved makeup. So I really admired how smooth her face was even without it, and was really surprised when she said she only uses two products: Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Pore Scrub and Neutrogena's Daily Cleanser Foaming Forumla. I bought both products that very day and used them that night, and in two years since have not used another product on my face. The results were that life changing.



Now, I'd like to state here that this post is in no way endorsed or sponsored by Neutrogena. No one from the company has reached out and no check is in the mail; this is just me speaking on my personal results because I've never had a product I can sincerely vouch for :) For the past two years, once a week (usually towards the end of the week) I'll scrub my face gently using their Purifying Pore Scrub, and then wash with warm water. With a clean dry towel I blot my face dry and then apply a light moisturizer to seal in the juices :) I used to have a severe problem with small bumps forming on the center of my forehead. But since using this product my forehead has been bump-free, not to mention the dryness and the flakes that used to persist are no longer there. Each morning (or each evening if I forget), I use the Daily Cleanser Foaming Formula, which starts out as a gel that I work into a foamy lather with a little water. A few seconds of gently washing and rinsing in warm water and my face feels smooth and even a little lighter. I kid you not, within three days of first using the product my skin showed visible results. The bumps had reduced significantly, and it's been my go-to beauty routine every since. But I'll still pop on a bright lip every now and then.

So while this is not a sponsored post, this a beg and a plea to Neutrogena to never, ever, ever take these products off the shelves :)


1 comment:

  1. matt.scofield@gmail.comJune 29, 2014 at 6:52 PM

    I find vitamin E oil helps with my skin keeping it clear, I put it on after lotion, I'm a ginger though with sensitive skin so take it as you will. Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger