The Leela Bench and The DC MEET Market

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Last Sunday (after a beautiful, super fun Saturday day trip to Charlottesville with some friends), I made my way back out to Bel Air, MD to scour for more chairs and benches. Within 10 minutes of walking through one of my favorite shops, Ryan's Relics, I spotted this gorgeous white bench with the most elegant curve in the legs. It was like a bench doing a gentle back bend. I knew I had to have it! After nabbing a couple of other great pieces, I made my way to the local fabric shop. 

For several months I've been collecting images of vibrant ethnic prints, patterns, and colors. One particular inspiration board was filled with oranges, blues, ikat prints, and textured kilim rugs (I'll post a picture to the Third + Grace FB soon). So when I was looking for fabric, a rich azure blue with a crazy print was subconsciously in my mind. As soon as I found it, I knew a bright color paint for the bench itself was in order. I mean, I wanted this piece to sing! So here she is. A wonderful new bench for a foyer, bedroom or office that I hope finds a happy home soon! I'm calling her Leela.

 The Before



The After




And in some other news, I'm super thrilled to announce to you all that on July 6th Third + Grace will be a vendor in the DC MEET Market in the heart of Logan Circle! I can't tell you how many back flips I did when I found out! (Mental back flips because you know I'm not that flexible haha). I'm going to be the first and only furniture vendor the market has had so far and I would love if you all came out to say hello! I'll be sure to post details as the event gets closer.

Have a great week!

xo,
Nicole

8 comments:

  1. Love the color choices and the blue Ikat!
    Lovely redo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady, this is absolutely gorgeous! Just wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, ladies!

    Justina, so wonderful to have you stop by!

    And Felicia, it's always great to see your bright comments. Miss you! Hope Paris is still treating you well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so sweet! Miss you too! When are you heading to Paris?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome,
    In my neck of the woods. I love Ryan's Relics. We often stop by on the way home as my sons school is a hop, skip and a jump by.

    I'm going to attempt to come up/down for the MEET Market. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much, Tidy-Up Gal!

    Felicia, I'm so sad that I had to postpone my Paris trip! But it's all for great reasons. Been a busy bee with the launch of the chair upholstery endeavor :) But here's hoping I can make a trip next year!

    Hi Keia! Ryan's Relics is amazing. I'm making that my second home :) Would love to see you at the MEET Market! Definitely stop by and say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I'll be in the Richmond area soon. Let's meet up!

    ReplyDelete

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger