Happenings and All the Jazz

Friday, May 3, 2013

Hope you all have been having a great week! I definitely need to download you on some great happenings and things to come this weekend.

This past weekend I flew down to New Orleans for their annual Jazz Festival, and my friend and awesome dancer Melissa and I have been excited about going for months. We literally text and e-mailed eachother every other day for three months with random notes like "Beignets!" "So excited!!!" and "Andrew Bird"!! (Ok, well, the last one was mostly me lol). But it was an awesome time. Four days in one of the coolest southern cities, all the fried food we wanted, and just an all-around mellow and wonderful time. I love my southern folk. I don't know if it was the humidity, the alcohol, or the mounds of friend oysters at our disposal, but everyone was so kind and relaxed. You feel as though you've taken a two hour plane ride to a whole other country with the gorgeous architecture and iron balconies. I can't say I was happy to return to DC so soon. But it was wonderful while it lasted and I hope to be able to do it again next year.

This Saturday I'm attending the wedding of two dear friends who I can't wait to celebrate: Ben and Kristin. Ben is one of Dave's closest friends, but because Dave is still on deployment I'm dressing up to stand in for him at the nuptials of two of our favorite people.

And Sunday I'm super excited because I'll be photographing the chairs for the debut of my site, Third + Grace! I'm pinching myself everyday because these are the photos that I've had in my head for months and can now finally create and share with you all soon! My good friend Dian and her boyfriend John are helping with the loading and unloading, and I'm forever grateful. Dian is awesome at prop styling (she does fabulous work for Anthropologie, Gap, Banana Republic, and more), and she's just great people. We're shooting at the beautiful local creative space The Ulysses Room here in DC, and when I saw the space several months ago I immediately fell in love and knew I had to do something here one day. Third + Grace came along and I knew it was a done deal. I'd love for you to follow all the behind-the-scenes goodness and updates on the Third + Grace Facebook page!


What are your plans for this weekend? Hope you get some R&R in there whatever they may be :)

2 comments:

  1. You were in my city - N'awlins! I promise it wasn't the humidity and good food/drinks.. folks are like that 99.9% of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachel!

    Ohmygoodnes, I loved every minute of it. If that's how people are 99% I'm moving there quick! Thanks for stopping by :) Hope to see you back!

    ReplyDelete

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger