UPDATE: Almond Joy

Sunday, February 3, 2013



Happy Sunday! Hope you're all enjoying yourselves. It's been a chilly but very productive weekend on this end. All week I just wanted to get home and jump into more chairs that I had been tinkering with. Thankfully, the mailman came on time this Friday with my new order to organic cotton batting, and after several lunch-break visits to Ace Hardware for paint and furniture nails, I was all set to dig in!

I wanted to share a little progress on a couple of chairs I've been working on. The one at the top is an antique chair I purchased via Craigslist a few weekends ago. I knew I wanted it to be yellow (of course, right?), and I even thought about fashioning it after this beautiful dress I saw on Pinterest. So using that color palette of white, yellow, and gray I found a gorgeous yellow kaleidoscope print on Joann Fabrics' website and quickly purchased as many yards as I could. I knew I wanted to create a mixed print chair, and my initial thinking was to have this pattern be the back and make the front cusions full on yellow and white. But I was dreaming about this fabric WAY too much, and once it arrived at our home I said, "No, no, honey! This has to be the star fabric." So I switched it up and made the kaleidoscope print the front and the deeper yellow the back. I painted the frame a pretty almond color with RustOleum spray paint. I can't tell you how much I love it so far! Looking forward to sharing full 'after' pics with you once it's all finished :) It'll be going up for sale shortly thereafter so I'll be sure to post the link here, and feel free to send me an e-mail if you're interested!

Off now to photograph another House Tour for Apartment Therapy this afternoon. You can check out more posts here. This month at AT is Before/After and DIY month so look for more posts on chair makeovers for sure!

Updated: I finished the Almond Joy chair a little bit ago, and here she is!

xo,
Nicole

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to check out more posts.
    I will definitely send some things over your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, glad to see good talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice and Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger