Hummingbird

Monday, January 28, 2013


One of my favorite bands, Local Natives, are out with a new album called Hummingbird tomorrow and the long-awaited release is the very thing I need now.

I know when a  band will stay with me forever when during--not after--the first listen of one of their songs I curl inside myself for a minute and cry for no reason. I remember it happening the first time I heard Band of Horses' "Detlef Schrempf" and Fleet Foxes' "Grown Ocean". And now Local Natives' "Heavy Feet" is a welcome fit. I guess it's knowing all the band has gone through in the past few years (and perhaps my being caught in a vulnerable moment), that make it feel like Kelcey Ayer is bursting through all of those emotions when he shouts "after everything". It's anthemic in a  gentler way, and somehow I feel a little more awake in my own heart after having listened to it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger