Carving a Niche

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I've been pulling inspiration for my craft room/sunroom the past week, and have been working away at the space bit by bit after work. Dinner has, in fact, fallen by the waist side because I'm too excited with hammering, hanging photos, sweeping, clearing, sketching designs, and dancing around in my happy place. Check out the bulletin board/inspiration board that is now converted into my tool-holding board. I've since filled it up with more random things needs to put a chair together, but I got a little excited and took a picture first. ha!

This past weekend when catching up with a friend I stopped by The Container Store and nearly wept with joy. You don't understand how it feeds my little OCD heart and affinity for anything in a tiny container. How could you not love the cuteness?! I even overheard a woman walk by say, "A store shouldn't make me this happy, but it does. It really does." Amen, sister. 

So in the coming weeks I'll be fitting the craft room out with a desk to do the upholstery on (sitting on the floor in the living room was good for a minute, but my back says "no bueno"), and some storage for the fabric, etc. I thought about going the route of CB2 or Ikea, but I've been scoping out Craigslist for low-cost pieces that I can either re-sand and paint, or pick up as-is. Up-cycling all the way!

I hope to be able to show you a before/after in the near future. It's a tiny space, but a girl's gotta work with she has until bigger things come along :)


Photo from Art As Life

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger