Chairs To That!

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

These past few weeks I've been delving in a little reupholstering of chairs as a small hobby. A few months ago it wouldn't have crossed my mind that I could reupholster anything on my own, but after reading a few online tutorials and just jumping in, I realized it's one of the most therapeutic activities I could have done for myself. Which is kinda crazy if you think about it because reupholstering anything (whether it's a small chair or a wing chair) requires lots of energy and physical exertion. But I've always loved using my hands as tools and working on something tangible. And re-purposing anything to make it look like new is exhilarating. Plus, being able to work away on a project while watching a marathon of "Real Housewives of Atlanta" after work is what I call quality time :)

So a few weekends ago I went out to the best place for vintage and antique shopping in Maryland--Frederick--and stocked up on a bunch of old chairs whose potential I couldn't wait to explore. Here is the first of several befores and afters coming up on the blog soon!

 BEFORE
Metal dining chair purchased from the Goodwill. Silver frame and grey and red specked fabric.


 AFTER
Sprayed the frames gold with RustOleum Gold Rush spray paint,  and reupholstered with an emerald green fabric (my favorite color) with a leaf pattern found at Joann fabric. This one was pretty simple considering the frame, batting, and foam were in very good condition. Love how these turned out! I'm looking to find these babies a nice home, so if you live in the D.C, MD, or VA area and are interested feel free to send me an e-mail!
xo,
Nicole

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger