Cake + Dirty Secrets

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I've been baking away the past few days. Mostly in the evenings because that seems to be the only time during the week I'm home long enough. Even with next to zero energy left after a day spent in front of the computer, when a girl's craving pumpkin spice muffins you just gotta make it happen, right? And lately I've had a jones for sweet, unadulterated Devil's Food cake. Found this recipe over at one of my favorite food blogs Simply So Good and can't wait to try it out! I even have a little extra cinnamon and sugar mixture left over from the other night that I'm excited to use as the frosting. 

And, you know, I've realizes this about myself: I really prefer soft and warmed baked goods to hard crumbly ones. I don't know why but I have to warm up ALL of my sweets before I eat them. Cupcakes, cakes, muffins, brownies, donuts, apple fritters,...it all goes in the oven or microwave first or my teeth get all tingly just anticipating that rough crunch lol. I will pass on cookies, biscotti, scones, and shortbread all day (Gasp! When did that happen??) Sorry Kiebler elves. Not a fan. Am I sounding crazy yet? No? Well how about this. One of my dirty secrets is that I don't own a cake plate. I'm embarrassed to say that as a lover of baking and a gal who likes to plan and prop parties for friends, but I don't own a single one. I have a cupcake caddy and several nice porcelain plates that we use for dinner, but a cake plate? I think I need to add that to my Christmas list for this year. I found these beautiful ones over on at The Roche Studio on Etsy. They have all the styles I'm looking for and they come in milk glass, porcelain and glass. 

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, this just made me want dessert. Love the new site design BTW!

    ReplyDelete

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger