What To Prepare for a Brunch

Friday, June 29, 2012

Happy Friday! Ah, weekend run to me as fast as you can :) I've been pleasantly busy with work, shoots, and planning this past week, so even though it's going to be a sticky 100 degrees I won't complain. Looking forward to catching up with a girlfriend of mine who is recently engaged (!!), late night summer hangs on the patio with more friends, photo shoots, and hanging out with the sweet cat I'm sitting for a few weeks. In less than two weeks I am completely smitten by my co-worker's cat Smokey. Always fancied myself a dog person but something about that little fur ball makes my heart flutter. And I've totally become "one of those people" who whips out her phone to show you pics of her cat :) 
 

 Photos from here // here // here // here // here

But back to the nature of this post, I'm also in the midst of giddily planning a brunch I'm hosting for a few girlfriends next month. What's better than great women, great food, and beautiful weather on a lazy Sunday afternoon? Ah yes, all that on a veranda, please! With the help of Pinterest and some uber food/diy blogs I've been compiling a few ideas for what to serve, and have a whole notebook of recipes I'm trying to dwindle down. I'm trying to find a balance for everyone including those who prefer savory over sweet, those who are vegetarians, and those with food allergies. Above are just a few of the ideas rolling around. I experimented with the vanilla cloverleaf sweet rolls last night and they are divine! With the recipe Bon Appetit provided you can easily make soft, sweet pretzels, too. 

Have a great weekend and enjoy the sun!

xo,
Nicole

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Straw labels are the cutest! Your blog is pretty in orange. I love it. xxxo

    http://kimmmng.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim!

    Thanks so much for stopping by! Your blog is adorable, too. Looks like you had a great birthday :)

    Please stop by again!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger