Ramen x Sriracha

Monday, June 25, 2012




For a few weeks now I've been craving a good Japanese ramen soup. I don't know why when it's 90 degrees everyday.
After coming up short on the blogs for a recipe that could emulate the flavor, I thought to make up one on my own based on recalling previous soups I've had, and using the beloved Sriracha. There really should be sonnets written about Sriracha don't you think? To my surprise this soup was great! Super easy to make and every flavor I was anticipating and had been craving was right there, perfectly blended into a savory, spicy mix. I didn't necessarily use traditional ramen ingredients, but achieved the results I wanted just the same :)

To Use:
Ramen (pre-packaged)
2 Garlic gloves, minced
Red onion, diced
64 oz Beef Broth (if you like thicker soup use less broth)
Basil
Chives, chopped
salt
pepper
Sriracha (optional)
2 tbsp Grapeseed oil

To Do:
1. Dice your onion and your garlic. Add your grapesee oil, onion, and garlic to pop on medium heat. Cook until the onions start to brown a bit.
2. Add your beef broth, salt and pepper, basil, and chives, and stir.
3. Once the broth has had a chance to simmer, add in your noodles. Let boil for 5-7 minutes. I like my noodles a little firmer, not too gummy or soft.
4. Stir in a few tsp of Sriracha to your liking. Turn off heat, serve up and add extra chopped basil or chives for garnish.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger