The Pie Shoppe

Friday, June 22, 2012


 
All photos by Chris Court and were featured in feature story for Donna Hay magazine

I've having a fun little obsession with homemade pizza as of late. A few months ago I just became really fed up paying and settling for mediocre food here in the city and said forget it. Don't get me wrong, this city has wonderful spots, and friends know I will still indulge in a great meal. But for someone who loves to cook and entertain more than she loves to spend money it really is a "duh" moment. If I crave it and can make it, then here's to having energy and will power to make it!

This past week I've been indulging in a favorite--pizza--and tackling what I thought was too hard to make before: dough! Yes, you heard the lady. For some crazy reason I kept thinking: Oh, let me just go ahead and buy dough since it will take forever to make and I won't be able to get it right. But once again, the store bought dough at the local grocery store was so so, and paying for another $22 gourmet pizza (yes, I hang my head, too) was not the business. So I went in search of dough recipes. Forever a great resource, Donna Hay provided the perfect recipe which you can find here. Before coming to work in the morning I had a homemade batch already rising in less than 30 minutes and I can't wait to make a combination of pies this weekend! Fig and prosciutto, tomato and mozzarella, gouda cheese and bacon, nutella and strawberry oh my! This spread, shot by the amazing food photographer Chris Court from a back issue of Donna Hay magazine, always inspires some ideas. Can't wait to make each and everyone one of these babies!

Happy cooking!

xo,
Nicole

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger