Patrick Watson

Friday, May 11, 2012

Two nights ago I went to hear Andrew Bird perform at Rams Head  Live in Baltimore with my friend from college, David, who I love so much for so many reasons, but among them is because he is always down for a live show. Even if he has never heard of the artist before, he'll bust out "Google" search quickly and still say "I'm down".

And speaking of men we're loving, my crush on Andrew Bird has been professed up and down this blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc. So needless to say his set was incredible. Nearly two hours and he played songs from nearly all of his albums. But the real surprise came in Andrew's opening act, a group from Montreal called Patrick Watson, which I can now mark as another go-to artist. And it was perfect because Wednesday night's show was Patrick Watson's last appearance with Andrew on tour. They performed at this year's SXSW and their sophomore album, Adventures in Your Own Backyard was released in April. And it just hit me that Patrick was featured on one of my favorite songs "Build A Home" by Cinematic Orchestra. Love how things come full circle.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger