Neon Clutch DIY

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

 (Top: home DIY with American Apparel Cream Clutch; Bottom: Celine clutch)

Inspired by this post over on Just Blog, I've been giddy to try this DIY myself. This beautiful Celine clutch (bottom) has touched off several hand-painted versions by bloggers all around the web. Color blocking is in big this summer, and with the neon phase in full swing I thought it would be great time to make a little neon clutch for the spring/summer season.

So tonight I broke out some acrylic paints that I already had, along with some painters tape from when I painted my room and a trusty blow dryer. I LOVE the result! Click over to Just Blog and try the tutorial for yourself :)

3 comments:

  1. I want to try this! Where did you get the bag from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Liz! I got the bag from American Apparel, but I'm sure there are plain clutches you can find at Target or thrift stores as well :)

    There is another great DIY featuring neon that I'm anxious to post and share with you! It's recreating one of those Cambridge Neon Satchels :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, so cute!! I saw your Easter post, and loved the outfit and bag. I am dreaming of a Celine tote but after paying taxes, I can't even think about buying handbags. Great DIY alternative!

    ReplyDelete

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger