HUSH Indian Supper Club in D.C

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Several months ago I photographed a story about a secret location supper club brunch held right here in D.C for ReadySetDC. The story didn't end up running online, but I love the photos so much that I can't hold out any longer on sharing outtakes with you here.

The supper club, called HUSH, is one of the latest trends in culinary dining that offers everyday foodies a chance to explore a particular cuisine in an intimate setting, tasting a variety of incredible dishes among strangers. In the process, the gracious hostess gives a story behind the culture and meaning of each dish.

This particular supper club brunch was hosted by a gorgeous Indian woman named Geeta at a secret residence. To enter guests had to whisper a secret password. As soon as I turned my head to Geeta's kitchen I was beyond smitten. I could live in her dining room. The gorgeous hue of the turquoise wall against gold frames and glass jars. The beautiful maps of India and the long wooden table all made for one of the most exciting jobs with RSD to date!



 
 
 
 
 Photos by Nicole Crowder

I'm sure I gushed to Geeta a million times how beautiful her home was, and it helped that her bright and funny personality made you feel like her home was yours. "Eat! Sit! Share! Shoot away!" All the direction a girl needed to run wild through her home, capturing this special brunch that brought ten strangers together for a perfect meal under one roof.

2 comments:

  1. I love that turquoise color on the walls. Great photos and great blog!

    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!! And thank you for stopping by the blog :) I was obsessed with that turquoise lol

    ReplyDelete

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger