Playlist: Andrew Bird + Citipointe Live

Monday, March 12, 2012

Hope you all had a great weekend. I'm still buzzing over mine a little. On Saturday I photographed the most incredible space for an upcoming ReadySetDC feature: a secret D.C supper club brunch hosted by a woman with a gorgeous home and kitchen. I could live in her dining room! I won't even lie and say I didn't actually whimper a little when I saw her kitchen. I'll post outtakes once the feature goes online so stay tuned! There was also a little designing going on, and I checked out the National Symphony Orchestra at the happiest place in D.C, The Kennedy Center. Seriously. There is something so magical about that venue. It's one of my first memories of D.C when I moved here four years ago.

But I wanted to share an album that has been in my ear lately. Andrew Bird's latest symphonic treat Break It Yourself has been on repeat! This song, "Desperation Breeds", in particular. I cannot wait to see him perform in Baltimore in May. How can anyone not fall deeply into the way he sings Beekeeper sing of your frustration/ In this litigious breeze/ Of accidental pollution/ In this era without bees.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger