Into The Wild

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Tony Williams. Earlier today, to my pleasant surprise my cab driver was playing Tony Williams' second to last album Wilderness that was released just a few months before the legendary drummer's untimely death in 1997. I thought the initial time I had heard this album was lovely, but something about revisiting it so unexpectedly while on a quiet ride through the neighborhoods of D.C made it seem all the more joyful.

My favorite track from the album will always be the opening "Wilderness Rising". But "Infant Wilderness" and "Cape Wilderness" have a special place, too. They're all so freeing and open. Soft and relaxing. And how can one argue with some of the best of the best in jazz who feature? Pat Metheny, Herbie Hancock, Stan Clarke...

A perfect end to a weekend filled with reflection, insight, and renewed energy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger