Love List

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Happy Thursday, folks! I feel like I've been fawning over some of the same things this week, and wanted to share them in a little mixed posts called the "Love List".



First up are boutonnieres! No, nobody getting married here just yet (except my uncle pretty soon!). But I've been checking out a lot of beautiful DIY boutonnieres around the blogosphere, and these by graphic design empress Justina Blakeney make me wish I had a friend's wedding to plan :) Love the green and yellow combo.

The Tasting Room

Next up are smelts! haha...not just any smelts. But beautiful salty and lightly fried smelts in breadcrumbs, lemon and herbs. Seriously, what is not to love?? I've been collecting recipes for a few spring/summer parties I'd like to have, and this one in my back pocket. (Snap! Spring is right around the corner! This warm winter we've been having has completely thrown off my calendar. )

Musical Musing

Midnight In Harlem by Tedeschi Trucks Band on Grooveshark

This song, because it's the most dreamy, gorgeous blues track I've heard yet this year. Tedeschi Trucks Band is the band to add to your Spotify playlist right away. Great guitar solo half way through.

Design Love


And wowza! I came across these awesome prints from a series called Iconantomy by Swedish George Chamoun. His near-perfect super imposing of current iconic film stars (Natalie Portman, George Clooney, Angelina Jolie, Robert Pattinson) over film icons of the past (Audrey Hepburn, James Dean, Cary Grant, and Elizabeth Taylor) took me a minute to decipher. But his execution is so original.

Style



I can't help but swoon over this blue, and the color combination of tangerine with turquoise plus a cool swagger is always a win. Photos by the effortlessly cool Guerre

You can see more of the things I'm loving over on my Pinterest!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger