On Our Way!

Friday, December 30, 2011

Whew! In the words of Dr. Dog "Where'd all the time go?!" 2011 has come and gone, and it's been a wonderful journey. Not without its challenges, but it certainly has brought more great news and joy than I could have asked. New friendships, renewed relationship with Dave, new insights, new apartment and freelance opportunities...I could do an entire recap, but I'm sure you'll be reading plenty of those around the blogosphere and they will be much cooler than mine lol. So instead, let's do a look forward, a declaration for things to come. 

Each year I write a journal entry on the first of the year and declare things I'd love to happen. I've been doing this since 2007 when I was unemployed and first conceived of this blog. I can't tell you how many times I've looked back on those entries to realize how most--if not all--those declarations came to fruition. It's powerful. So looking ahead to 2012, I'm daring to dream a little bigger and work a lot harder to reach greater heights, and I wish you the same :) I want to be wowed in the new year. And really stretch myself creatively. Don't you? 

Though I'm a little ways from turning 30, I wanted to create a list of 30 things I'd like to achieve in the New Year.

1. Continue growing my hair out naturally 
2. Go camping overnight someplace beautiful 
3. Buy a Canon 5D Mark II (doin' it!) 
4. Photograph food/still life for a publication 
5. Host and prepare an outdoor picnic for friends in Rock Creek Park 
6. Submit photos to an agency for representation
7. Learn to sew 
8. Read all the books I started in 2011 and stopped, or bought in 2011 and still have not read 
9. Try Grouper...and learn to like beets (Oh goodness)
10. Attend a bloggers conference or host a blogger meet-up
11. Revisit learning French
12. Go on a fancy date with Dave (formal attire!)  just for the fun of it
13. Take more spontaneous weekend road trips.
14. Make a Sunday dinner, every Sunday
15. Write more handwritten letters to friends and family
16. Go on a 20-mile bike ride
17. Buy a vintage camera bag
18. Take an Adobe Illustrator class 
19. Drink more water (I still love you, Strawberry Kiwi Snapple)
20. Spend a weekend in Boston with Dave (again)
21. Attend a TED event
22. Go on a New York trip with my girlfriends
23. Visit my grandparents in Virginia
24. Join a photography collective
25. Makeover my home office
26. Get some art on the walls of my apartment (going on 1 year. Bare naked. Shame)
27. Visit Copenhagen
28.Write/Photograph for Kinfolk Magazine
29. Stay surrounded by kind, considerate, and positive people
30. Have a girls weekend with my mom and sister 

Happy New Year!! 

And this list made me think of a cute video by the beautiful singer Giovanca from the Netherlands and her song "On My Way". Here's hoping you are too! 

3 comments:

  1. Great post and even better list! #21 is on mine too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I need to work on mine myself. So excited about 2012. It will be glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by ladies!
    2012 is definitely going to be a wonderful year! Keep me posted on progress each of you makes. I'm excited for us :)

    ReplyDelete

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger