Touch The Sky

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Easily one of the greatest artists ever to emerge in Hip Hop, Common, is releasing his ninth studio album The Dreamer, The Believer on November 11th. It's an aptly title album for someone who so closely associates himself with the power of dreaming in rhyme, as is evidenced by numerous lyrical references to dreams over his career.

-Daylight beams/Night life scheme/This is my inception/I'm writing my dreams. "Blue Sky"
-So dreams we say out loud like speakerphones just to keep em on. "Real People"
-Some say that I'm a dreamer 'cause I talk about it often . "Love Is"

The Dreamer, The Believe is produced by Kanye and I.D, and shows Common's continued affinity for more open, elevated sounds by incorporating playful piano keys and more violins, but still maintaining an electronic sound that Common has dabbled in both successfully and unsuccessfully (Electric Circus comes to mind).


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger