The Secret Life...

Wednesday, July 13, 2011




I came across this video created by James Zanoni in his effort to bring awareness about honey bees in danger of becoming extinct. With honey bees pollinating 1/3 of the foods we eat, it's a concern for many in the food industry and bee lovers alike. There's even a website that's been created by Haagen-Dazs called Help The Honey Bees. Buy a carton of their ice cream and find out how you can help save a bee. (Unfortunately, my favorite flavor--Butter Pecan--doesn't use bee-related ingredients, so all those cartons purchased in the past year haven't counted for anything but added calories.)

But in addition to the sweet cause, I was really curious about the music playing over the video. That infectious guitar made my heartbeat slow a little. So pretty. Turns out the track is called "Black Sands by Bonobo, who was featured on the Chestnut awhile ago. Listen the full track here and you'll find that the real star after awhile is the horn section. It reminds me of walking through an old Eastern European village, which I haven't done since I was maybe five.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger