Grub Street

Monday, July 11, 2011

Kitchen, I miss you! I'm seriously about to get my Julie & Julia on by jumping back into the love affair with it. For some reason I haven't baked a fruit crumble, roasted, or sauteed anything in the past few months! That's blasphemy for a foodie! Eating out's been fun, especially outdoor dinners and patio brunches with friends, but there is nothing like homemade, you know? And cooking is pretty therapeutic (unless you're me Christmas of 2008 and trying to make an apple crisp for family and new relatives and the "crust" comes out doughy because you remembered the generous portion of water that was called for, but not enough of the flour...or butter. Nooooo).

But my tendency to obsessively bookmark and "favorite" recipes all year hasn't left me, so I'm happy to break out my recipe book and folder. Here we come basmati rice with sweet raisins, shrimp tacos and tomato basil soup, sriracha glazed chicken, and baked mushroom, spinach, and bacon risotto. Hello cucumber dal and cabbage salads, a homemade cherry-pomegranate sauce (crosses fingers), lemon-curd cupcakes and pineapple upside-down cake.

To start things off, though, I am totally making these babies this week! Asian Caramel Chicken Wings with Sweet and Sour Sauce! Recipe was found courtesy The White On Rice Couple.


Photo by The White On Rice Couple

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger