Coming Soon: AFI Silver Docs Film Festival

Wednesday, June 1, 2011


(Courtesy AFI Silver Docs)

One of the best documentary film festivals in the world is set to start June 20th-26th. The AFI Silver Docs is perhaps the most diverse and stimulating films festivals in the DC/MD/VA region. I've gone every year since my time in D.C, and this year won't be an exception.

Already giddy looking at the comprehensive list of films that will be presented this year! Previous year's favorites have been The Philospher Kings, Wasteland, Mine, and Bill Cunningham New York. You have to see all of these films! They're fantastic and touching and most of all thought provoking.

But I'm looking forward to the exciting new showcase that 2011 rolls out. You're definitely invited to come with me! (But it'll cost you $10/film ;-) Hey, that's cheaper than going to see "Thor" at a Regal Cinema..

2 comments:

  1. I have to see the Bill Cunningham documentary before I leave for Paris. I simply must!

    Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! It's such a great, funny movie. How perfect would it be for you to see a documentary about fashion and beauty in Paris?! :)

    ReplyDelete

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger