New Fresh: Joy Denalane

Monday, May 30, 2011

Aww sukky now! If you've been reading the Chestnut for any period of time then you know how much I loves me some Joy Denalane. And it looks like she's back with a new album entitled Maureen and recording session-style videos for some of the singles!  

Joy's last album was Born & Raised five years ago, and with her latest release it sounds like she really let her hair down by giving us groove-laden German soul with funky drums and horns inspired by 70s soul artists. Her album is available now and was released through Nesola, the record label created by she and her husband, who also appears on this track on guitar. Yes yes. I will be rocking to this all day up and down the street.

1 comment:

  1. I love Joy Denalane! Thanks for sharing; I didn't know she had a new album out. Hope you're having an awesome weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger