The Angry Catfish Bicycle and Coffee Bar

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Oh man I miss Minnesota sometimes! There's a new coffee and bike shop that I just got wind of thanks to Budget Travel (whose May 2011 print issue you should totally buy!). The shop is (awesomely) called Angry Catfish Bicycle and Coffee Bar, and it's the first place in the Twin Cities to sell the Intelligenstia coffee brand. 





This place looks great, and a total hang if I were to move back home and live in the Minne. Nonpretentious, cool, friendly staff who are all friends, and I'm sure they have some great music playing in the background. The owner is a guy by the name Josh Klauck (third photo set down) who was filling a niche while simultaenously creating a hybrid of places. Coffee shops are plentiful in the Twin Cities, but really good coffee shops? Few and far between, my friends. Minneapolis knocked Portland off the top recently as most bike-friendly city, and so fusing a bike repair shop with another staple to the state and to its 20 and 30-something crowd--coffee--was a great idea. Another bonus about this place is that all their pastries come from another bakery down the street called The Baker's Wife.

 (Photo by The Archives)

The Angry Catfish is located at 4208 28th Ave. South, Minneapolis, MN 55406. Check out the menu. I already have it on my list of places to hit up in the two days I'll be home in July.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger