Vital Voices

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Just came back from an amazing evening at D.C's The Kennedy Center to watch five extraordinary women be honored for their work in promoting social and political change for women and for their countries. Needless to say it was one of the most inspirational nights I've had in a long while, and one I won't soon forget. To be so innately aware of who you are as a woman--as a person--with a vital point of view, and to fully embrace the cause that you are willing to fight for everyday is powerful. 

To my crazy surprise, Secretary of State Hilary Clinton was there as well! I knew she had attended the ceremony last year, but wasn't aware she would be in the building. No wonder I got the royal treatment going through security tonight :) Sorry there are no photos from the evening.

Hope you all had a great day! Enjoy the rest of your night....

1 comment:

  1. Aw, you blogged it. And I didn't know she'd be there either!) It was a nice event featuring very inspiring women.

    ReplyDelete

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger