Cast List for The Hunger Games Revealed

Saturday, April 30, 2011

(Stunner Jennifer Lawrence to play Katniss Everdeen)

I was randomly browsing online for updates on the upcoming Hunger Games movie, based on the book series that pretty much ruled my life for a week! If you haven't read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, I implore you to race to your nearest bookstore, buy all three and once, and then cancel every single engagement on your calendar for the next four or five days! It's that amazing. I read it around the time I took a vacation to Aruba last year, and even on a gorgeous island with beach and sun I was obsessed, I tell you, with this dystopian novel about survival lol

Our book club read it in December, and for an entire hour the meeting was not about the plot, but rather who our fantasy cast list for the film should be. A few names like Mia Wakowski and Saorise Ronan were tossed around, but if I recall one of the co-founders of the bookclub nailed it! His prediction that Jennifer Lawrence, based on her breakout performance in 2010's Winter's Bone, be the hands down choice for Katniss Everdeen and BAM! Jennifer was recently announced as playing the lead role and I couldn't be more thrilled with this choice! She can channel a strong, cunning leader like Katniss who is beautiful but not fully aware of it, and is a stealth opponent. Not only that, but the remaining cast list, which is still leaking, includes fantastic talent such as Stanley Tucci, Woody Harrelson, Lenny friggin Kravitz (!!), Elizabeth Banks,Willow Smith, and many many more. 

The film is set to be released March 23, 2012, just a few days before my b-day. Holler! I don't know who the director will be, but I'm going to put a little trust in Hollywood this time around that they'll make a decent adaptation and keep the integrity of the book and fulfill the vision that many readers have in their minds.

Ok, while I wait for my endorsement check to come in the mail (I kid), I hope you'll hop on over to a book store or library and get a copy for yourself. Guaranteed one of the most engrossing reads you'll have this year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger