Press Play

Sunday, March 6, 2011

It's a rainy Sunday morning, and before I get into another day of packing up the apartment I'm loving that for a few more minutes it's all about this bed, my laptop and my music...

I recently found a fantastic site galled Grooveshark that allows you to create widgets. There are plenty of sites where you can construct music widgets, but I love this one because it's so simple yet their musical selection is so much more comprehensive. A lot of times it's hard to find those rare tracks on vinyl. records, or even  newly released studio albums. I've been up all morning adding songs, and seriously started to bug out when I found out they had the track "Horace" from Madlib's album The Last Electro Acoustic Space Jazz and Percussion Ensemble which was given to me as a birthday gift last year. I LOVE that tune and have been trying to share it here for so long. Finally, good people, it's ready for you listening ears. 

There's so much commentary to add here, but I'll skip it and get to the good stuff...THE BROTHERS JOHNSON! 

Hands down one of the best funk groups ever. Not only that, but who hasn't been influenced by them in some way? Just sayin'...They've produced some of the classics that have become staples in music and music sampling, but have also been key players in spontaneous dance sessions in my living room :)  

There is no rhyme or reason to this list or its order lol, just a group of songs I've listened to over the past week. Some are new discoveries, others are old gems. More to come. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Uh, Run to the Sun, is so my hometown groove.
    Love your taste in music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This song, in over six years, has never left my ipod. Loves it!

    ReplyDelete

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger