The Revival

Friday, March 11, 2011




Alright, so just this afternoon I came across Okayplayer's sister channel "The Revivalist". Totally turned my world out. If you love jazz music, hip hop, the historic relationship between the two, or any of the above this channel is for you. 

On top of showcasing so much in progressive jazz and hip hop,  The Revivalist also puts the spotlight primarily on burgeoning jazz musicians in New York. Watching the promo video for the site, I started to bug out because I recognized the trumpet player at the beginning and a bunch of other artists featured throughout from a show I saw in New York last year  at Le Poisson Rouge.  Don't blink or you'll miss the Robert Glasper cameo ;) I swear this must have been filmed the very weekend I was there! Right around the time of Herbie Hancock's 70th birthday celebration.


The Revivalist even has its own online magazine.

Watch the video, love it, enjoy it. And please bookmark Revivalist because it's a little addicting.

1 comment:

  1. Great I love Hip Hop and Jazz,cool video:)





    http://uniquerose3194.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger