Girlie Girls

Monday, March 7, 2011


From left: Emmanuelle Alt, Diane Keaton 
Women of the Sarah Lawrence College field hockey, Cat Power
(courtesy Tomboy Style)

"I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick some ass."--Dr. Maya Angelou

These images either came from or were inspired by a great new blog called Tomboy Style. Fierce, iconic women from every industry and era. Look how freakin' rad Diane Keaton looked when she was in college! She's still one of my favorites today. Effortless cool.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post! One of my favorite "fierce, iconic" women is Patti Smith, who definitely has tomboy style like these women. Very inspiring.

    Stopping by from 20SB and I love your blog so far!!

    -Claire
    http://inchairblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Claire!

    I saw your blog too and love it! Patti Smith is definitely one of the ultimates when it comes to fierceness. One of my other favorites is Phylicia Rashad :)

    It's pretty fitting seeing how today also marks the 100th Anniversary of Women's International Day :)

    Take care,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger