Jonsi: Go

Sunday, April 18, 2010


When it comes to discovering new music, I take a very knee jerk approach in that I have to compulsively tell as many people as I can about it right away. Even if I'm completely illiterate and lack any sense of eloquence in describing what I hear or how it's made me feel, I'll flail my arms crazily, shake you as if you hold the very words I'm trying to find, or repeat "amazing" and "awesome" like I have an aversion to other adjectives. All just to say, "You HAVE to hear this!" And so with Jonsi, lead singer of Sigur Ros', new solo album Go I simply lose all speech. The beauty of this record is on a level I've not experienced with any other album in a very very long time, and once again my words escape me, but the impulse to share this record with you has not. Enjoy Jonsi's tender melodies and ethereal Icelandic lilts.
Listen to the entire album here.

1 comment:

  1. I second your speechlessness. Sometimes all you can do is tell people to listen. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger