NPR Takes You To SXSW

Thursday, March 4, 2010

To get their ears and/or earplugs ready for the mega music emporium SXSW in Austin, TX (March 17-20), NPR's music gurus shifted through music from the 1000+ acts that will be in attendance at this year's concert, and picked 100 songs from 100 of those acts that they may have heard before or may be hearing for the first time, but say, "Yeah, I'd listen to that again." I almost choked on my cereal this morning when I saw Band of Horses 'Detleft Schrempf"! That song was the definitive reason why I fell in love with BoH, so gives me the warm fuzzies anytime I hear someone mention it :)

What's cool about this list is that NPR streams the songs in one continuous loop all day, everyday leading up to the festival. No matter what time of day you click on the "Listen Now" link at the top of the page, you'll be directed to whatever song is playing at that moment instead of having to listen to the tracks from the start. They're in alphabetical order, too, which is nice and will help you identify tracks you might enjoy. So get spontaneous and have a listen for yoursel! Click the pic above or click here to be taken to NPR's page. Nothing better than finding solid new artists to add to your musical radar.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger