Face Value Pt.1

Sunday, January 10, 2010


1. Yeah Yeah Yeahs 2. Radiohead 3. Rahsaan Patterson


1. U2 2. VV Brown 3. The Shins
1. Madeleine Peyroux 3. Kanye West

1. The Swell Season 3. Seal

1. Lack of Afro 2. Kings of Leon 3. Gnarls Barkley

1. The Foreign Exchange 2. Ryan Leslie 3. Feist
1 & 2. Keith Jarrett 3. Nina Simone
1. Coldplay 2. John Coltrane 3. Blk Jks
1. Coldplay 2. The Goo Goo Dolls

Pet Shop Boys


Hello hello :) I had this idea to track down all of the CDs, records, and albums that have ever caught my eye based purely on their cover design aesthetic. I'm starting out pretty light here (at least until I can get my hands on my dad's record collection) by presenting you with a part one. Some of these albums I've never listened to before, some I listen to incessantly. But for all the art direction sets the tone and makes me wish I could get a poster for each. Or least a desktop screensaver (?)

Feel free to click on any of the album covers above and you'll get a link taking you to my favorite track. Most were so hard to choose from (ie. Radiohead (!!!), Coldplay, The Foreign Exchange, Keith Jarrett), but this wasn't exactly Sophie's Choice so it wasn't life or death. For some I was married to the album art but not necessarily to a song, so no link is provided... Little memories and anecdotes are attached to each song, but you don't want to hear all of those do you? ;)

Part 2 coming up later. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger