Drum Major

Tuesday, January 26, 2010




I wasn't sure whether or not to post this video because 55 seconds into I wasn't quite sure how I felt towards it. But it's so friggin' infectious and catchy, what with its Beach Boys meets OK Go! meets The Smiths vibe. Plus, it's sort of nostalgic. I'm in here having flashbacks to John Hughes, Adventures in Babysitting, and She's Out of Control (you know, with Tony Danza?:) And I have to admit I get a little kick out of watching the guitarist on the far right run. Go green shirt! lol AND they give a shout out to every girl's favorite childhood hand clap "Down down, baby, down by the rollercoaster!" lol I think with all that, The Drums, dubbed by NME as "New York's official Coolest New Band... the most contagiously energetic NYC band of the past 10 years," deserve a little face time.
Check an interview of them talking with 'Sup magazine.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger