The Sunday Slow Down

Sunday, December 20, 2009





I had every intention of paying bills this weekend and running errands before I leave for home this week. But of course Mother Nature has a sense of humor and decided a snow blizzard that shuts the city down would be a better option. But all is well, and instead I spent a quiet weekend indoors finding new music, collecting recipes and decorating ideas like the old lady that I am (smile), and indulging in hours of 'Parks and Recreation' via NBC.com. I also spent a healthy amount of time indulging in Chas Jankel's album with a cup of Acai Mixed Berry. (Just tried the stuff today for the first time and it's officially my new ish ;)

If you haven't heard of Chas Jankel, I kindly implore you to hit up YouTube, or better yet your local record store, and buy his self-titled album. There's a soft and stunning ballad called 'Reverie' that you won't find clips to online (but if you do please hit me up :). It starts out with a few lone piano keys that sound like Jankel is playing in a state of solitude, perhaps playing for a lost lover. It then expands and incorporates a beautiful trumpet cameo. 'Reverie' is also the shortest track on the album and the one that deviates most from the disco/pop sound of some of the previous tracks. But the length is irrelevant to how pitch perfect his arrangements are.

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you!
    I look forward to seeing what other great things you have in store for all of us in the years to come! You're such a talented young woman!

    Blessings!

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Felicia! Hope you had a wonderful holiday :) Here's to wishing you a blessed New Year! Keep me in the loop about all your fabulous new projects!

    ReplyDelete

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger