At Home: John Mayer

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sorry for the sporadic posting :) I've really been meaning to get some outfit posts up, and I aim to this weekend. Je promets!

Alrighty then....new business! I don't know if I've expressed my love for John Mayer, but...love expressed. I just think he's the bees knees ;) I was searching Elle Decor recently and happened to find some photos of his New York apartment. Gorge!! The place was designed by none other than Armani/Casa. John and Giorgio share an affinity for each other's talents so the collboration seemed natural.
I love the color scheme and simplicity of each room. John is definitely a minimalist and a collector of cool artwork. Though it's a toss-up between how much direction he gave and how much the apartment was influenced by Armani's creative direction, I still think the end result is beautiful. And I love that John asked for a bit of nature--something organic--to be incorporated into each room.







Photos courtesy Elle Decor

4 comments:

  1. His apartment is so... clean! His music and voice are top notch. That, I'll have to agree!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH. last night I listened to 'Heavier Things' for the first time in awhile and ended up having some weird dream about staying at John Mayer's apartment.. and I swear to you it looked so much like that (not as nicely decorated)!!! When I saw the pictures earlier I was like "....I've never been there, right?" haha. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous you had a dream about staying in his apartment lol.

    Spider Monkey, his place is freakishly clean lol. For the camera, maybe? Either way, it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ::Screams:: JM is the love of my life. And wow, what a wonderful place!

    ReplyDelete

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger