Paper, Ink, and Audio Dreams

Friday, September 18, 2009

My playlist, which I haven't yet relented listening to in about a month. I am totally smitten by Washed Out (aka Ernest Greene's)'s music. Found about about the guy last week and have had his smeared, dreamy synth-pop tunes on repeat ever since. Writing an album review now, so I hope to post it next week. Speaking of which, my "cool" news that I promised to share is that I recently became a promotional rep in the D.C area for the most awesome magazine ever...FILTER! Yessir. Been stepping up my scribe game in music, and so after pitching myself (and hopefully not sounding too fanatical lol), they said "coo!" So next week a little package arrives with audio goodies that my fingers are tingling to open. Happy happy, joy joy!! Next stop, as many places as I can hit up to spread the word about good music... And a huge thank you to Michelle over at Audible Treats who has graciously allowed me to rep some of the artists they promote as well!
The Flaming Lips- "Feeling Yourself Dissintegrate"
Radiohead-"Weird Fishes/Arpeggio"
U2-"Sunday Bloody Sunday"
Radiohead-"Talk Show Host"
Interpol-"Untitled"
Modest Mouse-"Ocean Breathes Salty"
Band of Horses-"Our Swords"

*Side note: If you're going to be in the D.C area, there is an amazing music festival going down this Saturday on 14t & H St. NE. Loads of local music acts will perform and records stores will be out in full force with new and re-released material. Food, fashion, games, music. It's free and for all ages. Kicking off at 12pm!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger