Sunny Side Up

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Saturday I took a little hop skip over to Georgetown to see about bringing my wardrobe out of fall and into summer. First up, I went back to the infamous Annie Creamcheese for some cool vintage pieces. I really love this store, and the sales associates are some of the most friendly and attentive. The mustard skirt, gray dress, and white "dress" below are from Annie Creamcheese. (I definitely plan to rock shorts or pants with the white "dress".) Also, the wonderfully breezy yellow dress in the last panel is from AC. Hat is from Necessary Clothing in NYC.


Across the street H&M had a sort of mega sale, so I was snatching $15 skirts left and right! But the pieces I'm most partial to are the cream and black sheer top and the greenish yellow sleeveless top. They're both breezy, light fabrics.



And yes indeedy, I went to the Duke Ellington Jazz Festival to catch the phenomenal Terence Blanchard and his band perform. All new music was played from Terence Blanchard's upcoming album, "Choices", which features the vocals of Bilal and the narration of Dr. Cornel West. It felt like pure bliss sitting adjacent to the Washington Monument getting the most incredible serenade from Terence Blanchard himself. Gratis. Please check Cdnow.com for album release date :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger