Summer Movie

Saturday, May 2, 2009

I heart the trailer for the new Nora Ephron film "Julie & Julia". Everything about it makes me smile. Paris as the backdrop. French cuisine as the co-star. And the ever-so-amazing Meryl Streep and Amy Adams as the dazzling duo at it again. Remember they worked together in "Doubt" as well? That's a strong pair that if they keep this up could rival Paul Newman and Robert Redford :) But this isn't about rivalries; this is about love. The love of food and the tranformative power of cooking. What a great challenge that would be to commit yourself to duplicating over 500 recipes in 365 days in hopes of reconnecting the dots of your life to find or rediscover your passions.

Hopefully this summer I get a chance to read the book from which the film is adapted, as well as finally curl up with Ruth Reichl's "Garlic and Sapphires". I just saw a piece on NPR recently where Reichl gives an interview about her new book, "Not Becoming My Mother", which has less to do with growing up under the kitchen table as it does growing up with a mother who wasn't a big cook.

I have a feeling "Julie & Julia" is going to enchant me like "Something's Gotta Give" with Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson a few years back. It's in theaters August 7th.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger