In the Navy

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hello hello :) I was excited to post because it's been a really amazing Memorial Day week(end).

Today I found out that among 1000 submissions for "Burn" magazine's Emerging Photographers Fund Awards (sponsored by my dream agency Magnum Photos) my photo essay ranked among the top 200!! Yessir. I received an e-mail today from one of the editors at "Burn". Though I'm not a finalist, to even rank like that is beyond me so I'm nothing but thankful. Dreams are getting out. Other great news, check out this site and watch that space . http://uptownliteratti.blogspot.com/.

And for some reason I'm in the mood for some lists.

Current playlist:
"Major Tom"-Shiny Toy Guns
"You don't have a clue"--Royksopp (Sir Elton John indirectly turned me on to them)
"Manhattan"-Kings of Leon (who, by the way, are trying to take Coldplay's dominance in my iTunes. Is there room for two? Oh yes, indeed.)
"Deserve U Better"-Musiq
"Chasing After You"-Tye Tribbett and GA
"Bent"-Matchbox Twenty
"Lovers in Japan"-Coldplay (anything Coldplay really)


Currently reading:
Garlic and Sapphires-Ruth Reichl (I absolutely adore this woman's writing and personality)
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest-Ken Kesey
Red and Me-Bill Russell


Shows I can't wait to see:
Terence Blanchard in D.C as part of the Duke Ellington Jazz Festival
Chris Botti live
Contemporary Dance at the Kennedy Center
Enjoy the day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post and your lists! I want deets on the boy

    ReplyDelete

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger