Some Lovin' in the Oven

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter to everyone! Hope you all spent the joyous holiday with friends or family :)

This was the first time I celebrated the holiday by myself. Though it would have been wonderful, I didn't venture out of town to visit family this year, but instead decided to spend a lovely peaceful day at home preparing my first holiday meal in the new apartment as a way to christen the place :) When I told my brother what I was planning on cooking he was like, "All that is just for one person?" Yessir. I have to keep up tradition! Mom always prepares big meals on Sundays, and Easter Sunday is, of course, no exception, so I thought I'd stretch those culinary skills because they will come in handy at some point. Plus, leftovers for work sounds good to me.

Menu:
*Lamb shoulder marinated in minced garlic, parsley and green onions, garlic salt, and a little lime juice.
*Roasted garlic and olive oil couscous. (First-time couscous taster here, and it totally rocked my senses! Love it.)
*Diced sweet potatoes
*Kale sauteed with bacon, onion, and vegetable stock (for flavoring).
*Cranberry sauce. (A staple for me at holiday meals since I can remember lol)

Photos from the occasion as well.

Now I'm chilling on my desk (because I still don't have any chairs. Soon come ;) and I'm vibing out to the lovely sounds of Angelique Kidjo's "Iwoya" feating Dave Matthews Band. Speaking of Dave Matthews, does anyone else think their song "Crash Into Me" is one of the sweetest pieces of symphonic ecstasy? That violin kills me! Especially when it's quiet and it's just you and your headphones...



5 comments:

  1. Thanks Fruchtzwerg! I had a lot of fun with my camera :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mannnnn, I had to tighten my lips to keep from drooling! That looks a-mazing Nicole. Oh. And an enthusiastic "amen" on "crash." Only Dave Mathews can say a vulgar line like, "hack up your skirt a little more" with chivalry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks delicious!! I want details on the new guy;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Little Pockets!! And yes, DMB never made more vulgar instructions sound so sweet.

    Thanks CJ! Details you shall have :)

    ReplyDelete

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger