Mirror Image: Rachel Comey Spring 2009

Thursday, November 27, 2008

I think I may have found a designer whose line I can follow and feel like, "Yeah. I see myself in that chick a little." Rachel Comey would be that fly chick. (But don't get me wrong. I love DVF and The Boxing Kitten, too ;). I posted about her designs awhile ago over here. Again, her Spring collection makes my heart palpitate just a bit. She represented for the bespectacled ladies in Spring 2008 (comme moi), and now the short cropped-haired girls get their shine, too. I don't know if Ms. Comey was influenced by a time period, but I would definitely say a regional influence was prevalent: I'm thinking Jakarta or Singapore, where bright colors and mixed designs always seem to find a happy medium. She mixes a little bit of elegance with a bit of street style, and I love her waistlines.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger