An Evening with Carmen Marc Valvo

Thursday, November 13, 2008

On Wednesday evening one of the magazines that my job publishes had a meet-and-greet with designer Carmen Marc Valvo, who was also making an appearance on the Decemeber 2008 cover. I attended the event with a co-worker who invited me, along with two other co-workers. It was such an amazing time. This was the first "fashion" type event that I'd attended, and definitely the first where I was able to actually mingle with a designer of such talent and humility. Carmen Marc Valvo was also promoting a cause he's been very passionate about: the National Colorectal Cancer Research Alliance (NCCRA). The event was held at Neiman Marcus out in Friendship Heights, and allowed CMV to showcase his beautiful collection of evening gowns and cocktails dresses on three rotating models. (They were so sweet :) Really cool and bubbly girls.) Everything was provided: complimentary champagne and sparkling water, free makeovers accompanied with a complimentary makeup bag, a raffle for a pair of sun glasses, easy, free flowing conversation without all the pretention, and mini-sliders! (They were so cute with the mini buns). Since I just work in D.C and don't live there (yet) I left about 30 minutes early to ride back to VA. But before slipping away I did have the chance to tap Carmen Marc Valvo lightly on the back and ask to have my photo taken with him. A perfect ending to a wonderful evening. Enjoy some of my outtakes from the night! P.S I LOVE black and white photos, and thought it conveyed how wonderfully elegant the evening was ;)











1 comment:

  1. So beautiful! Your blog game is SERIOUS Nic

    ReplyDelete

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger