Virtual Tag

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Recently, I was tagged by my fellow blog friend Rae over at Sea of Style.
The rules:
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules in your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 bloggers by linking them. Leave a comment on each of the tagged bloggers blogs letting them know they've been tagged.


Responses (mind you the progression grows from nerd to full-on geek :)
1. I keep a pair of socks on ALL the time. And I try to carry a pair of footies in my purse often, especially if I’m wearing heels that day :). Something about warm toes…

2. My pet peeve is tardiness! It may have something to do with coming from a military family and having only one theater on post that showed one movie at one time of day for the entire military base. When the show is set to start at 7:00pm I’m tryna be in my seat by 6:30. Not just to catch the previews, but I don’t like having to tip toe past people in the dark to find a spot or being the one who’s making all the noise trying to open a crunchy bag of Sour Patch Kids when you know good and well you’re late and disturbing everyone lol. If 9am is when service is supposed to start, please let’s not be leaving the house at 8:55. It's serious, people lol. Friends will attest.

3. I’m a bit of a minimalist when it comes to make-up (i.e. my little tube of Carmex) and design. Subconsciously I think I haven’t worn makeup because I’m afraid of breaking out (is that weird?) And I like simplicity when it comes to design (graphic design, home design, fashion), with accents of color here and there, but I’m really trying to expand more so into prints.

4. I have a tendency to go bed pretty early. Not talking 7:30 or anything, but my peoples know that it’s out of the ordinary for me to be up past 10:30pm. I was that girl who fell asleep before everyone at the slumber party despite threats that the first to go to sleep would get a mixture of toothpaste and hot sauce smeared on their face. (friends—and cousins—can be cruel, I tell you).

5. I am not a fan of (excessive) PDA.


6. I'm not the most garrulous person you’ll meet, and yet when I write I’m totally wordy. I’m in love with details and descriptions and the conjunction “and”. (School House Rock is on DVD btw :) And I'll crack a joke in a minute.

7. (I know we're only to have 6, but can we break the rule alittle?) I love random trivia dealing with history, film, or culture. I'm a freak about Jeopardy and a few years ago I was into reading anything dealing with WWII and Pearl Harbor. Now it’s anything dealing with food. I'm currently reading "The Omnivore's Dilemma" by Michael Pollan. Amazing. Please check it out for yourself.

Okay, thanks for sticking around long enough to get to the bottom :)


Here's who I'd like to tag:
Whitney from 1016
Diane from One Sweet Day
Eleh from Full Clothes
Gwyn from Fashion Mantra

4 comments:

  1. 6 quirks about me, hmmm... will post in my next post.. yours are cool hopefuly i can be jus as intresting, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for tagging me! this is rather exciting! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. when i write, im extremely long winded as well :D
    thanks for d tag. will get to it right way!

    ReplyDelete

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger