Everybody Needs The Sunshine

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Today I'm delightfully sick. I say delightfully because it's allowing me to finally slow down and consider the toll the past week has taken on me. Early Friday morning my aunt passed and I thought I wouldn't get a chance to say goodbye at her funeral scheduled for Monday morning due to my first day of work. And, too, with that I was anxious about starting a new job along with the sketchy reviews I was receiving about carpooling and "slugging" into D.C every morning at the crack of dawn. Needless to say a couple hours of sleep were lost on me each night despite feeling tired all the time.

Well, thankfully (and miraculously) my boss calls me from his office on a Sunday after having received my e-mail sent on Friday and says my start date has been pushed back until next week and by all means I should get to attend the funeral. I was standing in the aisle of the store with my aunt and cousins and I lit up a little because it felt like getting just the break you need to loosen your sinus after a long head cold, you know? When your head feels tight and filled with pressure and you just need a little relief? With that break I had another few days to be with family I hadn't seen in several months but sorely missed; with that I had another few days to hear my grandfather's necessary advice and to taste his sweet pears picked straight off the tree; with that I had another few days to explore alternatives to carpooling to and from work (which ultimately ended up with my uncle offering to let me drive one of his cars :D); and with that I had another another few days to *consider my ways and the things about which I worry too much.

So with that I'm thankful for this temporary interception known as the sinus cold that is allowing me to slow down and rest up. I have my blanket, my tea, and my endless selection of romantic comedies. With my feet kicked up and a fat lunch on the way imma gon' head and get back to watching "Annie Hall" ;) (And note to self: please post about Diane Keaton's attire later. Love it!) Enjoy the rest of the week!

*Haggai: 1:5

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your aunt...i hope you are doing okay!!

    feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Grafitti! I'm doing so much better now. I started my first day of work the day after I wrote this post so I had to chin check my sinus cold and tell it to hurry up lol.

    BTW, I checked out your blog and I'd love to add you to my blogroll :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. My condolences on the loss of your aunt. Hope you're doing ok. :)

    ReplyDelete

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger