Keepin' It Cool: Hidetoshi Nakata

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Out of the blue, (now retired) soccer star Hidetoshi Nakata popped up on the brain last week, and I remember being a little smitten by his playing style on the pitch, and his general fashion sense off the pitch....(I won't even front on the fact that his being handsome has a little something to do with it, too ;) Since having retired from the professional soccer realm, I hear Nakata has been working as the Editor-at-Large of Mononcle, a slight cross between Vanity Fair and Time.

I appreciate it when guys are able to express a minimalist, effortless cool in their style that says "I dressed with a conscious effort, not a complicated effort." (Thierry Henry is another, but 'cha already knew about that love affair over here;)

So here's to effortless cool that never goes out of style.





*I didn't realize until after collecting these pics how big a staple scarves were to his wardrobe.
*Photos courtesy of nakata.net, style.com, and http://btaribulan.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of his style for years. Who needs Beckham who seems to be not real in his clothing? Hidetoshi Nakata is so much more real and effortless stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be a big Beckham fan, but his look started to seem a bit too contrived and maybe even overexposed (?). I still like him as a soccer player, but as far as style I love someone who has more of an understated cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey there,
    thanks for quoting my blog!
    I'm happy to share :)
    I think he plays with fashion while Becks likes to keep it safe. Hide's style can be weird sometimes, but it's definitely original!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Defo an amazingly dressed man, love his style!

    ReplyDelete

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger