Cape Love

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ah, the cape. It's a little whimsical, a little sweet, and oozes with a mod-ish 60s appeal! I love the summer, but I'm secretly wishing to kiss Fall or Winter a little sooner this year just so I can sport one of these pretty ladies :) 
                         
That cape and belt pairing in the illustration is classic simplicity. (I adore the red one, too!)


Flannel and Plaid Pendelton Capes. Images courtesy of Flickr.com and Ebay.com

A slightly shorter cut for less humid, but still breezy days. Photos courtesy of Flickr.com


Betsey over at Fashion Is Spinach inspired my initial love affair with the cape when I saw this posted on her blog back in March. I adore her cream plaid cape and the way it's paired with some simple jeans and flats. Change those flats to some ankle or calf boots and add a wool cap and I have my ideal winter wonderland ensemble ;)

Posted next to Betsey's dressing room pic is a stunning cape from Blanc de Chine's Fall/Winter collection. I tell you, this cape makes me swoon. Let's do some positive thinking and envision it being in the closet by the Fall.
Photos courtesy of fashionisspinach.com

5 comments:

  1. Oh my. Yes, let's focus our positive energy for the both of our closets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looooving capes, especially that Blanc de Chine! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful choices, loving the capes!! And thank you so much for the lovely comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I have this new love for capes. I tried some on a few years ago when ponchos were in style. I looked a complete and utter mess, and vowed never to wear a cape. But a few months ago I saw one at Nordstrom Rack, and decided to give it a try. I complteley loved it. I felt like Jackie O. All I needed were gloves, and my outfit would have been complete. It never gets cold enough in CA to actually wear a cape, so I'm looking forward to wearing it once I move to NY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your sweet comments everyone :D

    Nikita: I'm speaking it into existence already lol :)

    Carrie: thank you so much!

    Dapper Kid: you officially have my favorite men's style blog :D

    Rae: I remember the days of the poncho. I had an olive green poncho that I thought was the best thing in the world, it had a little turtle neck collar, too lol. We should definitely hit up some stores together when you move to NY! Vintage finds await! :)

    ReplyDelete

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger