You like Photo Exhibits?

Saturday, April 19, 2008

A few months back I e-mailed a photographer whose work I study and admire--Jamel Shabazz. I sent that e-mail on a whim, just thinking it would be placed in a filtered fan mail section or something, but secretly I was hoping to get a "thanks for checking the website" reply. You can't imagine how much I was buggin' out when I received a phone call from Jamel the next day! Just through a simple phone conversation he's so much more than what I envisioned him to be, especially as an established and respected photojournalist. But Jamel is seriously one of the most humble and encouraging persons I've ever talked with...and he's pretty fly, too.

So imagine again how much I'm buggin' when he offers to feature my work along with other photographers in an upcoming photo exhibit that he is curating in NYC this June!! Yes, I was on the floor giving a crazy praise because that was/is so beyond my expectations at this point in my life:) So if you are in the NYC area this June, I'd love it if you stopped by the gallery! The name and specific date haven't been disclosed unto me just yet, but I'll be sure to post it here of course :) I posted some of Jamel's photos courtesy of powerhouse books and flickr. If you'd like to see some of my work don't hesitate to hit up the port: Nicole Crowder

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Chestnut Orange All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger